Insurance Coverage Painting Contractors Need to Carry

Start a Free Quote 619-773-1100
A sole-proprietor painting contractor vs a multi-person painting contractor have different insurance needs.

General Liability

A sole-proprietor will want at least General Liability Insurance for Painters. This coverage protects you from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that can arise from your business operations.

A painting contracting company will want the next step up in insurance, a Business Owners Policy and a commercial auto policy.

Business Owner Policy

A Business Owners Policy includes 3 overages. General liability coverage providing protection if you cause bodily injury, property damage, personal injury or advertising injury. property coverage which covers replacement cost coverage for buildings and most business owners' personal property and workers' compensation which if you have employees is mandatory. Workers compensation protects you and your employees from financial hardships caused by accidents or illnesses related to the job.

The state of California requires commercial auto insurance on any vehicle used to transport your employees. If you fail to carry the required insurance, both your business and personal assets are at risk if there is an accident.

Commercial auto covers pretty much any kind of vehicle used by contractors and their employees can be covered by commercial auto insurance in California: cars, vans, trucks (from small pickups to big rigs), trailers, and even cement mixers. It?s not the type of vehicle that matters, but rather its use. If a vehicle is used for commercial purposes you should be taking a look at commercial insurance for it.

We have a variety of insurance companies we work with to find the best price and coverage for your business.

7800 University Ave, La Mesa California